The three doors

The Three doors


Vivid and naive, a soul so pure

I flew like the wilderness of moors,


And there came the first door!

Luring my best spirits

No fear, driven like empirics,

Awaiting the dazzling light, 

the musical pour,

I headed like it was heaven’s door

Hoping it’ll be splendid,

Like there’s nothing that I wanted more


The door opened, but, the floor finished 

Like landing from a high summit,

Crushed to pieces, shattered and seeded

And, then you see, a fall is what u needed!

To bring you closer to your stronger self

Who picked up the pieces, with a god sent elf.


The elf embarked me to a new path

From bitter to better like a magical strath,

Windows peeking to reflect my soul,

A mystical assurance of ‘this is what I might be looking for’

And so, I headed to the second door,


The door said welcome aboard

I could feel butterflies, 

and hear musical chords!!


A sweet gesture that pulled my soul out of foggy overcast,

Leading to a palace of glass, 

It was elf’s abode, so pretty and vast!


It reflected to unimaginable spaces 

so distant, so far, 

Fading the memory of all my scars


He sew me a spine, to stand like a pine

He drew me wings, to protect me from falls

I opened the wings, But it hit the walls

Ignoring the sloughing feathers,

Burying deep the pain it gathers,

I tried over and over again!!!


But, soon I realised, a million reflections is merely a delusional distance

This glass palace doesn’t allow elf and my coexistence,

So, I thought to bury the wings 

Because without elf, 

I doubted my own existence.


And then appeared the miraculous third door,

led by pretty and shiny floors

I could see through the door,

Like a surreal dream turning to life or more,


But, there I was, scared of exploring what all it held

 In the loops of self doubting, what if I ended in someone else’s address!


Holding the fear of falling and shedding again, 

In a lousy attempt to avoid that pain,

I gave up to chasing the inexorable pace of time

Concluding the scenarios of a fairy tale design,

 I laid like a coward, to choose happiness over heart

Unfortunately, they were poles apart


A dome of history, 

A palace of mystery, 

A castle of thoughts, 

All have the common two doors!


With every time a door I addressed,

And as far I progressed,

I lost a little dreamy life from me, 

Gave a tiny blow to fire in me, 

Carving myself to a skeptical self,

Thought I was knowing my stronger self,

The fragile parts that shattered and shredded along the way

Were now required to choose new way


Each door lured, to a future of illusion,

The present in delusion, 

And manifesting from past!

I wish I had understood sooner

That angels presented the third door atlast!



                                     -Kirti Mahajan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

love -14th feb

The dark thoughts